Thursday, May 6, 2010

Gathering Myself

There's some big, wonderful changes coming into my life soon. Right now, there's not much I can say about it except that I am excited and hopeful.

Aside from my big event (which name cannot be mentioned...), I'm happily anticipating The Harp Gathering. I've been looking forward to it since the last day of the Harp Gathering last year. In one week I'll be gathering up things to take with me - my McFall harp, my computer (for blogging), and my hopes of learning things to make my music better.

I also hope that those attending The Harp Gathering will gift me with something I missed last year. You would think that in a hotel filled with harps that you would be hearing music from all corners of the building, but it was remarkably quiet. I would dearly love to be walking down a hall and hear unanticipated harp music. But it seems we harpers and harpists a rather shy. So here's my request, not only for that particular weekend, but for everyone, everywhere. If you can do something you love - don't hide it! Sing, play, dance, whatever it is, don't be afraid to do it at every opportunity. The world is waiting for you to shine...

In the meantime, I'll be gathering my courage and preparing for a bright, new future of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment