Saturday, May 15, 2010

Coffee with Timothy Harper

6:00 a.m. Saturday morning: Funny how I can never sleep in on weekends or holidays, no matter how late I go to bed. Thank goodness there's a coffee maker in my room, so I don't have to get dressed and go down the hall for a cup. So here I sit, typing in my blog, swilling coffee, and listening to Timothy Harper's album, Dark Blue. Timothy will be playing in tonight's concert, and I can't wait!

Featured in Canada's premiere Celtic magazine, Celtic Life, Timothy is much more than a singer/songwriter/harper/guitarist. He's also a harp builder. Denise Grupp-Verbon owns one of his Storm King harps. At last night's concert she demonstrated it's power and sweetness. I hope that today I'll get to try one out in the Exhibition Hall.

Time to take a quick shower and get some breakfast. I don't want to miss Dave Woodworth's talk on how carbon fiber harps are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment