Thursday, May 12, 2011

Endings and Beginnings

Tomorrow is the big day! I leave shortly after first light for The Harp Gathering in Archbold, Ohio. This time away will be most welcome, even though my life is 180 degrees from what it was at this time last year.

"Retirement" has been bliss! I've been working on my home, my music and my re-discovered hobby of photography. But with the coming of spring-like weather (finally) I feel the need to fly away from the nest for a short time.

First I have a sad duty this evening. I need to attend the funeral of the untimely death of the daughter of my sister-in-laws fiance. While I did not know her, the sudden death of a young person is always tragic. It will be a sad evening.

But the sun always rises. Spring breezes blow again and music floats on the air. I will be glad in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment