Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Gentle Life

Today I have officially announced my retirement from a job I've held for 26 years. It's been a stressful 26 years, and full of changes as of late. While it was allowed me to expand upon my creativity and provided me with a good wage, pension and benefits, it has left me feeling battered and beaten. I am currently experiencing some health issues, no doubt due to the stress that has been building over the past three years.

As I heal mentally and physically in the coming weeks, I will be spending much more time with my harp. I am eagerly looking forward to feeling well enough to garden, cook and exercise, instead of rushing though my day and coming home to exhaustion, fast food and the recliner.

Only two weeks to go before I begin a gentler, simpler life. One filled with the creation of music, good food, good friends, and a comfortable home for myself, my husband, and my dogs.

I think I've earned it.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are able to retire, and hope the healing happens quickly, so you can enjoy life! You so deserve it. I hope all of your dreams are able to come true and will be looking forward to updates from you in the future. I have learned a lot from you, take care Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping and wishing for you a wonderful retirement and days filled with music and joy. Gardens and harps will certainly make that come close to heaven! You must be almost to that last day by now.

    ReplyDelete